Thursday, February 17, 2011

How'd You Do It, Stella?

Get your groove back, that is. 

I miss my groove.  Before Molly, we had our thing. Our routine.  I knew when to feed Ben, entertain him, get him ready for bed (ok, his dad did that).  I knew when I had my time, our time, family time.  It was lovely. We had it good.

I completely forgot how all sense of predictability goes right out the window when a newborn comes home.  *head slap* Doh! 

The comfort in all of this is that a) the creature that killed my groove is seriously adorable, snuggly, and wonderful and b) the groove will come back...so I'm told.  In the meantime, we're just holding on to this ride by our fingernails, playing man-on-man defense and doing our best to still say loving and kind words to each other at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Girl, I feel ya. Though not from the second child standpoint, but from the newborn point of view. I feel like my life is all about counting the hours since the last feeding and wondering what exactly have I accomplished in that time.

But I agree, the cute, snuggliness makes it all worth it. Molly is B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!