Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Molly - Four Months Old


















Dear Nugget,
Today you are 4 months old (plus 9 days or so, but really you're still closer to four months old than five months, so let's just go with that.)

Another fabulous month in what I predict will shape up to be a banner first year.  The only thing is that month four didn't bring on anything super exciting. It wasn't until four months+ 2 days that you started doing some really cool things.

First, you rolled over. Hooray!  You when from your back to your tummy and got your arm stuck under you and then yelled at me for three minutes while I tried to figure out the video feature on my new iPhone (thank you, by the way. It was a lovely Mother's Day present. You're such a thoughtful baby!) I finally got the thing to work and then you flipped yourself back.  *sigh*   I figured you had had enough dance-monkey-dance from me, so I didn't make you do it again.  But since then, you'll flippy-flop (that's what your brother calls it) on your own.  You're getting good at it, kid!

Second, you giggled!  This was so fun.  You were laying on your shrinky-dink tummy time quilt and I can't even remember the exact sequence of events, but all of a sudden you started to laugh. It was wonderful! Then your brother got in on the action and we all couldn't stop ourselves.  If only you'd laugh for Daddy.  Maybe that could be your Father's Day present to him?

I was late taking you for your four month well check, but you weighed in at thirteen pounds. You're 23 and a half inches long and your head is 40cm around.  You're sitting pretty at 25%-50% in all three categories.  You're doing great, lovey!

Miss Molly, you're just so much fun to have in my life.  I love you so much.  You're happy and smiley. You wake up with a little gleam in your eye and a toothless grin.  I love it!  I am so thrilled to be your mommy.  I finally feel like we've got our groove. You, me, and Ben-Ben. 


Five months is just around the corner but let's not get there too fast.  I need more snuggles and drool. Cuddles and baby pterodactyl impressions (my favorite!), so keep 'em coming.

Love you, baby girl!
Mommy

No comments: