Monday, January 3, 2011

Of Babies & Boys

Happy 3rd Day of 2011!  I'm hoping to stay true to my resolution and blog at least once a week. All is well around here and I'm still pregnant (which is a good thing, because I'm only 35 weeks, but it's starting to get a little old.)

Last week we got a date on the calendar for my RCS (that's repeat c-section) and in about 3.5 weeks, Baby Too will be here. Yay!  We spent this weekend finally clearing out the old guest bedroom/storage hovel for the nursery and the result is one very clean space and two very swollen mama ankles (I'm so looking forward to normal sized feet.)

Being a sufferer of CBS (Cheap Bastard Syndrome), I had first concluded that Baby Too's nursery would just be hand-me-down furniture from Ben's room and we would re-do Ben's room all big-boy style.  But mister-mister is not ready to be a big boy, as he so informed us not too long ago, so we had to do a little shopping. 

So creativity and luck at Ikea have got us a great new crib, changing station, dresser (coming soon), and Pottery Barn Kids nursery bedding (a major score!).  I can't wait to get it all set up and ready to go for BT.  Granted, she'll be doing most of her sleeping in our room and a lot of her hanging around on me, but it's nice to have something ready for her, all pretty and neat.

And since this post is also about "Boys", I wanted to end with a Ben Funny.  Before the Christmas break, he had learned the song "Jingle Bells" in preschool.  But what little kids hear vs. what you've told them are two very different things.  I give you the lyrics to Ben's own version of "Jingle Bells"

Chingle bells!
Chingle bells!
Chingle all the way!
Old MacNoah had a boat,
And the cow eats lots of hay!
Hey!

No comments: