Thursday, June 9, 2011

Molly - Five Months Old















Dear Noodle,
You turned five months old on Tuesday.  Hip hip hooray! What a day!  This month was extremely short, it seems. I thought I had just written your four-month letter and here we are at already five months old.

It's been a great month for you little one. You are a right roly-poly.  You had experimented with front-to-back and back-to-front rolls right after you turned four months old.  Now you're a champ at them!  When I put you on your play quilts, I often find that you've rolled completely off of them. I'm sure I'll find you under something, like my desk or your brother's play table before long.  You really do enjoy being on your tummy.

You're also quite the grabber.  Anything brightly colored, bumpy or squishy, furry, or looks like a pony tail, you have your fist on it.  And then it's in your mouth.  Everything is in your mouth. I kind of forgot about this stage from your brother.  You're a constant drool machine.  Your daddy likes to call your Droolia Child! 

Yesterday was a big day for you.  You started your first day of mother's-day-out with your brother.  I was so nervous. I cried the whole night before.  You?  You did find at the hand off.  You were all smiles for Miss C.  She's a lovely young lady who adores you and your only little classmate. When I came to pick you up, I just couldn't wait to get you into my arms.  Of course, the day was a little rougher than expected.  You were in a new place. You had to check it out. Sleep be damned!  However, no sleep for you turns you into a very cranky monkey.  The bonus?  You sleep long and hard all night through.  Anyway, tomorrow is Day 2 and I expect you'll do just fine (and maybe even take a nap!)















My little one, how I love you.  I think about you and your future. Who you'll be and where you'll go.  I feel like I was just finding out that we were going to have you and now you're five months old.  Slow down again, OK?  I need just a little more time with you right as you are, right now.

I love so!
Mommy

No comments: