Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Barney Stinson: The Musical!

At the Sassy Pants home, we're late-comers to the comedic genius of "How I Met Your Mother". I'm a 100%, full-on Neil Patrick Harris fan. From "Doogie Houser, MD" to Sesame Street as the "Fairy Shoe Person" to himself in "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle", I totally pink-puffy-heart NPH! But nothing, and I mean nothing, tops his performance as Barney Stinson. (I sometimes think HIMYM should be renamed "The Barney Stinson Show: With Robin, Who's Hot, Lily, Who's Also Hot, Marshall, Who is Adorable, and Ted." Even though, HIMYM is all about Ted and how he met his kids' mother, I sometimes yell at the TV, "More Stinson! Less Mosby!" But I digress.)

The other thing that I pink-puffy-heart is musical theater. I credit my sister with introducing me to the genre when she went through a phase back in high school. I can't imagine a more perfect story-telling style.

Knowing the above, what do you think happened to me when HIMYM combined Barney Stinson and the American musical? It might have looked something like this.

So in case you missed it --- HIMYM 100th Episode "Girls vs. Suits" Musical Number


2 comments:

*kate said...

Okay, so since you're a late-comer, have you seen the one where Barney performs in a play by himself? First to annoy Ted and then because he's totally into it? Best.One.Ever.

Hollie Rouse said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, rubigirl. It lead me to your blog and this post about Barny Stinson. I think we must be kindred spirits. HIMYM is one of my all time favs Neil Patrick Harris is a huge reason why.

Hope to meet you some time.
Hollie